1. Cedar Forest Products, Co. warrants to the original purchaser of its structures that it will furnish materials free from manufacturing defects for a period of ten (10) years from the date of invoice with the following terms and conditions.
2. This warranty is in effect only if the structure has been assembled and installed strictly in accordance with Cedar Forest Products, Co.’s setup instructions and good construction practices, and has been subjected only to normal use and exposure.
3. Abnormal conditions are specifically excluded from coverage under this warranty.
4. Contingent liability is specifically excluded. Cedar Forest Products, Co. has the option to repair or replace any defect in materials.
5. The owner shall notify Cedar Forest Products, Co. of any defect under this warranty, and before any alteration or repair is made or attempted.
6. Cedar Forest Products, Co. is in no way responsible for damages caused by others, including:vandalism, fire, lightning or acts of God, corrosion caused by moisture, chemicals, air or salt spray, pollution, or infestation by rodents or other vermin.
7. This limited warranty shall be null and void if the owner makes any alterations in design.
8. Cedar Forest Products, Co. shall not be responsible for insurance standards or code compliance changes that may be required in the future
9. Cedar Forest Products, Co. shall not be responsible for delays due to missing, stolen, or non-conforming parts. Any rework of non-conforming parts must be authorized by Cedar Forest Products, Co. prior to the time that the rework is done.
10. Some fitting and field cutting of parts will be required, and will not be subject to back charges or cause for rejection.
11. In the unlikely event of failure, Cedar Forest Products, Co. reserves the right to alter the design, color, or contributing factors to rectify the condition and help prevent any future reoccurence(s).
12. Cedar Forests Products, Co. specifically excludes any implied warranty of merchantability, of fitness, or of purpose, and there are no warranties, which extend beyond the description of the face hereof.
13. Under no circumstances will Cedar Forest Products, Co. be responsible for any consequential or incidental damages due to breach of warranty, and such damages are specifically excluded from this warranty.
Specifications: Specification information is available upon request for all of our shelters and site furnishings. Standard design loads on shelters are 30 lbs. per square foot snow load, with miles per hour wind load. Engineer’s sealed drawings are included with every CFP shelter as standard. Should calculations be required on shelter plans, please call the factory for cost estimates since fees vary widely by type of shelter and area of country. A full set of shop drawing are included with each Cedar Forest Products shelter. Product specifications in this catalog were correct at the time of publication; however, Cedar Forest Products, Co. reserves the right to change specifications at any time to reflect product improvement.
Custom Designs: We welcome the opportunity to develop specific products and specifications to meet your custom design requirements. Do not hesitate to call since some inquiries only involve minor modifications. Occasionally, new designs require extensive investigation and will require a pre-paid design and engineering fee. However, upon receipt and shipment of the order, the fee will be offset in the prices of the approved new product.
Prices: Prices are effective as of the date of this catalog, and are F.O.B. Polo, Illinois. Freight weights shown are approximate and may vary. Freight is calculated separately, and not included in the pricing. All quotations are firm for 30 days, after which, Cedar Forest Products, Co. reserves the right to adjust pricing and freight costs to reflect market fluctuations. Applicable taxes are added to invoices unless a tax exempt certificate is provided with order. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Terms: Payment in full is required in 30 days after delivery. These net 30-day terms are extended to establish customers who can provide documentation of credit worthiness. If documentation of credit worthiness cannot be provided, a 25% deposit will be required at the time of the order and the remaining balance paid 7 days prior to shipment. A service charge of 15% per month will be assessed on the balance of all accounts over 30 days old. No retainages are accepted.
Delivery: Depending on the size of the shelter to be delivered, either a common carrier or private carrier will be used. Whenever possible, shelters will be delivered to the job site. Detailed address and directions must accompany the order. Cedar Forest Products, Co. and their carriers shall have full authority to stop shipment at the point nearest the job site where road conditions or other hazards do not allow the carrier to safely reach the job site. Transporting of the material from this point on will be the responsibility of the buyer. The carrier’s decision in this situation will be final. All freight charges are added to the invoice unless collect shipment arrangements are made when ordering. Time of delivery can vary. CFP will make every possible effort to deliver within the pre-determined time period (usually 10-12 weeks or sooner after receipt of design approval). Due to the nature of our product, unforeseen delays production and/or delivery are possible. CFP will not honor or be held accountable for liquidated damage charges of any kind whatsoever.
Receipt of product: Unloading of the product is the buyer’s responsibility. In most cases, a forklift truck is required by and is the responsibility of the buyer for unloading. Buyer or authorized agent must inspect shipment at time of arrival and verify it with the bill of lading. The bill of lading received at the time of shipment is our receipt from the carrier. We therefore are released of all responsibility of loss or damage in transit. Damages or shortages shall be noted on the delivery receipt and shall be reported to Cedar Forest Products, Co. immediately by phone or in writing. Failure to report shortages or damages within two business days of receiving product shall be deemed full and complete acceptance of materials as delivered and will result in a minimum of 1/2 up to and including 100% of replacement cost including shipping.
Material Storage: It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to provide for protection of the material after arrival at destination. Storage of wood components and other materials must be in a dry place out of the sun and other elements. Exposure to the sun, rain and other elements can cause warping, staining and other damage. Temporarily stored materials should be placed on blocks well off the ground and separated to allow air circulation around each member. Moisture resistance covers should be used on top and bottom material stacks.
Installation and Assembly: Detailed setup and assembly instructions are included in each shipment along with the hardware. To facilitate the owner’s planning of desired site and concrete work, and shelter layouts and installation, setup instructions are sent certified mail after receipt of order. Some fitting and cutting of parts may be required because of field conditions and will not be reason for rejection or back charges. Touch-up and finish painting and staining shall be the responsibility of the installer. Cedar Forest Products, Co. assumes no responsibility for the condition of factory-applied finishes damaged or altered by installation or storage procedures. No corrections or alterations are to be made to our products without permission. Back charges must be pre-approved before any product corrections are performed.
Cancellations and Returns: May be made only with the consent of Cedar Forest Products, Co. and any and all costs incurred from date of order are subject to charge a 25% handling charge, in addition to return freight charges, is made on return of products ordered in error. Custom products and Pre-cut Metal Roofs and timber buildings are non-returnable.